Four Vent Commericial Cabin Heater - 240 COM
Smaller, lighter and faster the team at Heater Craft has done it again. We have redesigned our industry leading marine heater and increased air flow by 8%, made it 3% lighter, and 5% smaller.
This 28,000 BTU/hr, heater is designed for commercial use. The 240 COM comes with four(4) 2" fixed louvers, making it perfect for deftrosting the large windows on your vessel while providing you with extra heat.
When it comes to heaters, no one does it better. Included with each new heating system, Heater Craft backs the product with our 4/48 limited warranty -- 4 years, 48 months.
The 240 COM is designed for commercial application. The system is perfect for fishing boats, ferries, barges and tour boats. The four(4) 2" fixed louvers just the right direct heat for derosting and defogging the large winows in the cabin area.
- 28,000 BTU four outlet heater with all NEW 45 degree face
- 8% faster due to the new 45 degree face without increasing AMP Draw or motor size
- Takes up 5% less space allowing more versatility during installation
- 3% Lighter than previous models
- Amperage: Low 4.4, Med 5.8, High 8.5
- Max. Est. BTU/h: 28,000
- Air Flow: Low 230 cfm, Med 228 cfm, High 263 cfm.
- Hose barb: 5/8" or 3/4"
Included in the 240 COM System
- One(1) 28,000 BTU four outlet heater 45 degree wrapper with wire harness
- Universal mounting brackets & screws
- Heavy duty wire ties
- One(1) High low switch with indicator assembly
- Four(4) Stainlelss steel hose clamps
- Two(2) 6' Sixteen gauge wire
- Four (4) 2" fixed louver
- 24ft of 2" vent hose
- Detailed installation manual
Posted by J-P Simard on 20th Jul 2014
If you buy this kit, you will effectively most of what you need to make the installation, right out of the box.
The heater itself is of clearly apparent quality, with impeccable finish and assembly. It displaces more than enough air to defrost at all four vents, and once the engine is warm, it displaces generous amounts of heat. The mounting brackets holes and heater align perfectly, for a precise, trouble free mounting.
The louvers are sufficiently stylish, although minimalistic, but I don't feel they would stand to too much abuse. Mind you, a light touch is all you need to operate them. The switch is 3 positions, giving high, off and low. I questionned such a choice considering the motor has a medium capability. Once installed, I don't really care about medium, and am really quite happy with using only high and low settings. Having medium available at the switch would be a nicety, but far from required.
In short, I would buy again with Heater Craft without hesitation, and I highly recommend their products. This wouldn't be complete without stating that the service was also impeccable.